Sunday, March 1, 2009

bureaucracy strikes again

Due to a little piece of paper making it's way to NZ, my aspirations to play league have been put on hold temporarily. I can't play until it returns. No nines for me this weekend. I put pen to paper almost a month ago covenanting with the NZ Rugby League that if I make the NRL I will never ever play for the Kangaroos, I should be so lucky. I'm 29 years old I have a greater chance of winning the lottery than making the NRL, let alone being selected to play for the Australian national team. Given, the state of international rugby league where players cycle between teams on a whim I find it difficult to fathom that at the grass roots level the powers-that-be are more stringent in their management of players than the elite level of the game. NZRL and the Richmond Bulldogs, please release me, I've got some people to smash.

No comments:

Post a Comment