Friday, March 20, 2009

sars scare at the old Hopkins place



The spirit of competition can compel you to do a lot of stupid things. Head on collisions with grown arse men who have 30kgs on you springs to mind. Last year my younger brothers and I thought it would be a good idea not to drink any soft drink (soda pop for people who can't speak English), ever again. Silly. Well, they thought it was a good idea, what got me on board was that the winner got $10 from each of the other participants, there were 3 of us. Yep, I'm that hard up for money, there's nothing like a crisp $20 bill to get me leaping out of bed in the morning. OK, I think the real motivator was the whole principle of the matter. We committed that we wouldn't do it and if we did we would have to bear the eternal shame of losing to one of our siblings forever. The possibilities for the potential torment of a dear loved one were to much to pass up. Dumb. I love soft drinks especially root beer and when I'm feeling cheap and nasty I can even go for a round sarsaparilla (a.k.a budget root beer). It really felt like cheating on a partner not drinking this whole time. Why did I sign up for this? Idiot. So, when I left the country I took the opportunity to sneak in a drink or two (or more) and I've been happy ever since. Sorry boys, I'll pay you your teners in a few years when inflationary pressures have whittled their value down to something that I can live with for the rest of my life. Brilliant. Unfortunately I somehow feel more sluggish, less prone to rock the world with unimaginable goodness. Could I have been wrong? What's happening to me? Maybe drinking 2 litres of water a day (then) was better then the 2 litres of coke I down on a regular basis (now). That's it for the sake of my health and my wallet (which hangs on the brink of its own mini-apocalypse) no more soft drinks period. So sayeth me, my word is my bond.

what's this a work out?

DL sumo 200kgs*3,180/2*4 (I can't really overstate how disappointing this was, struggling on 200, are you serious!?)

power snatch 60,62.5,65,67.5,70 (weak, this is my annoyance getting bigger)

front squat 80/2*5 (dull stabbing pain on my right side, not good)




No comments:

Post a Comment